[MPlayer-users] single image movie preview - bash scripts

Tsahee Zidenberg tsahee at gmx.com
Sat Apr 23 08:59:40 CEST 2011

Hello!

 I recently wrote a bash (linux) script for creating a single-image movie preview using mplayer's "-vo jpeg". I am sharing it with you in hope more people will find it useful.
 I tried to make it relatively readable and thus easy to extend.
 The bash script itself is here:
http://pastebin.com/s8Uxwjsq

 A blog entry with a sample and where future updates, should there be any, would be added:
http://tsahee.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/movie-preview-bash-script/

 Any suggestion for improvement of either the bash or the mplayer parameters would be appreciated.
 Use freely.