[MPlayer-users] [SOLVED] Gmplayer crash on the guimenu playlist

xeonitlinux xeonitlinux at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 2 23:31:23 CEST 2011

> There should be no files in gui.history, only the directories you have
> visited, and it shouldn't matter if the file is empty. (BTW, what does
> "empty" mean? Size of 0 bytes?)

Yes the size is of 0 bytes. And yes normaly there were the directories i have
visited or open with the mplayer like /home/user/movie.avi
But in my case in the file nothing will be writen.

> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0x00007ffff2f12248 in g_utf8_validate () from /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
>
> g_utf8_validate() is only called when the GUI writes some text. Strange.
>
> So, when exactly does the crash happen? When you select a file for the list
> (mouse button click), when you click OK or at what moment?

The crash happen when i  click on the menu on playlist (on both menus) the
menu with mouse button 3 too. I can't select a file, the click on playlist make
the crash.

> Can you reproduce the crash with any selection for a playlist and a
> specific gui.history? If so, could you send me this gui.history?

I  can reproduce the crash and strange is that when i write something on the
0 byte gui.history it only must be one sign like a number or letter. I save
it, then it works and it does not crash.

I can use and add files on the playlist. When i open the gui.history there are
not writen the files that i have add on the playlist like /home/user/movie1.
avi /home/user/movie2.avi

There is only writen my letter but it works, very strange.

I have delete several times the directory .mplayer, i can reproduce allways
the crash.
If i dont write something in the gui.history the file remains empty and when i
open the menu and click on playlist the player crash.
If you want i can sent you the file gui.history, it is empty.

> What skin are you using?
I use the default GUI MPlayer skin Blue 1.7

> What are your locale settings (LANG, LC_ALL)? Do you have set
> G_FILENAME_ENCODING?
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_ALL=
For the guimenu i have set the --language=de

What you mean with G_FILENAME_ENCODING?
I never have set this switch
Thanks.

rafael