[MPlayer-users] [SOLVED] Gmplayer crash on the guimenu playlist

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Aug 2 13:24:14 CEST 2011

xeonitlinux wrote on Mon, 1 Aug 2011 19:22:32 +0200:

> Seems that the problem have something to do with the the file gui.history
> in .mplayer In this file it is the last file writen that is open with the
> player also the last playlist. But in my case the file is empty. Whe i
> write something in the file gui.history and save then it work.

There should be no files in gui.history, only the directories you have
visited, and it shouldn't matter if the file is empty. (BTW, what does
"empty" mean? Size of 0 bytes?)

> 0x00007ffff2f12248 in g_utf8_validate () from /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0

g_utf8_validate() is only called when the GUI writes some text. Strange.

So, when exactly does the crash happen? When you select a file for the list
(mouse button click), when you click OK or at what moment?

Can you reproduce the crash with any selection for a playlist and a specific
gui.history? If so, could you send me this gui.history?

What skin are you using?

What are your locale settings (LANG, LC_ALL)? Do you have set
G_FILENAME_ENCODING?

Ingo