[MPlayer-users] mplayer and multicast: Unknown NAL code: 18

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Aug 10 17:33:31 CEST 2011

jacopo mondi <j.mondi <at> voltaelectronics.com> writes:

> Mplayer is able to negotiate multicast streaming via rtsp commands
> (simply call rtsp://unicast_ip:port/multicast/trackn and multicast
> stream will be displayed by mplayer).

You can also try ffmpeg://rtsp://unicast_ip:port/multicast/trackn

> [h264 @ 0xeccca0]Unknown NAL code: 18 (7 bits)
> V:   XX.X 3722/3722 15%  2%  0.0% 0 0
>
> where XX.X is an increasing number. Everything is fine, until the
> displayed number is >=1, when the number becomes a decimal number < 1
> (eg 0.6) the stream stops being displayed.

While I do not understand this sentence, please understand that all help
requests on this list require that you post complete, uncut output of MPlayer.
In your case, it probably does make sense to really cut, but you cut too much;-)

The two lines you posted are (completely) unrelated: The first is a warning from
the decoder (that you may disable), the second line is the status line that
shows the current time of the video stream (if you do not receive audio).

Carl Eugen