[MPlayer-users] How do you play raw h.264 files in mplayer?

David wizzardx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:08:56 CEST 2011

And hopefully my final update here for a while:

If I set mplayer to play at just a small amount over the FPS (25.5,
rather than 25), then the jerking is really minor and hard to see,
every time mplayer gets to the end of the available input on the pipe
and has to wait for a bit more before it can continue.

It's mainly if I set the FPS a lot higher (say 100) that the jerking
is really noticeable.

I think that addresses about all the problems I've had today :-)