[MPlayer-users] trying to use mplayer with knoppix ...

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Aug 27 11:18:11 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:15:43PM -0400, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  Now how can I specify in my mplayer.conf or codecs.conf to find the
> codecs in that directory?

codecpath option.

> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x10000002.
> Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
> Cannot find codec for audio format 0x2000.

These are standard MPEG-2 and AC3 codecs, there are no binary codecs
for them, so the above is completely irrelevant.
The FFmpeg (libavcodec) version in use obviously had almost everything
removed/disable.
You'll have to build your own MPlayer version to get something that
works, that one obviously is quite useless (probably won't play anything
but VP8, theora and vorbis).