[MPlayer-users] How to join 5.1 flac channels into single multichannel wav file

Horacio Sanson hsanson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 07:49:54 CEST 2011

I downloaded the 5.1 flac files for the Sintel open movie (see link below) but
these are five independent flac files, one per channel, that I want to mux
together in a single multi-channel wav that can be pipe't to NeroAACEnc.

The files in question are:

  sintel-master-51-c.flac
  sintel-master-51-l.flac
  sintel-master-51-lfe.flac
  sintel-master-51-ls.flac
  sintel-master-51-r.flac
  sintel-master-51-rs.flac

As a start I am trying to produce a multichannel wav from the five input flac
files  with the command (later I will try to pipe it to Nero directly):

mencoder -af channels=6,format=s16le -oac pcm -ovc copy -of rawaudio -channels
6 -o sintel.wav ../sintel-264.mp4 sintel-master-51-l.flac sintel-master-51-
r.flac sintel-master-51-c.flac sintel-master-51-lfe.flac sintel-master-51-ls.flac
sintel-master-51-rs.flac

But this results if a zero size wav file and I don't understand why. Also why
mencoder cannot encode audio only?? I have to pass the video also or I get an
error about video being mandatory even if I do not use it in the resulting
file.

Any tips that would help me get this working are appreciated.

The URL:  http://media.xiph.org/sintel/

--
regards,
Horacio Sanson