[MPlayer-users] MEncoder Sound Really Messed Up

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jun 12 11:06:20 CEST 2011

Jarek Czekalski <jarekczek <at> poczta.onet.pl> writes:

> W dniu 06/12/2011 02:32 AM, Reimar Döffinger pisze:
> > >From SVN r33592 such hacks should no longer be necessary.
> > mencoder will from then on also use the more sensible behaviour
> > of mplayer, i.e. if the output of decoder+filter chain is

> Reimar, that looks like denying the statement "mencoder is dead" which
> appeared here a week or so ago. I like it.

Please understand that there is a difference between "mencoder is dead" (nobody
ever threatened to remove the sources from subversion and compilation problems
are usually fixed immediately) and "mencoder is not an actively maintained
application" (which it is not for several years).

I'd also like to repeat that nearly every mencoder command line posted in the
last year can be immediately replaced with a (usually well tested) FFmpeg
command line. (I do know that there are features that cannot be easily replaced,
but they are not typically asked for.)

Carl Eugen