[MPlayer-users] Audio Track ID issues with identify

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:58:47 CET 2011

I'm working on audio track selection using the slave interface and I've
noticed some inconsistencies with it

For example if you open a file

mplayer -identify -slave -quiet ~/Videos/dual_audio/Crest_of_Stars_01.mkv

you'll get something like this in the output..

ID_AUDIO_ID=0
ID_AID_0_LANG=rus
ID_AID_0_NAME=Russian audio 2.0 Suzaku
[lavf] stream 1: audio (aac), -aid 0, -alang rus, Russian audio 2.0 Suzaku
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
ID_AID_1_LANG=jpn
ID_AID_1_NAME=Japanese audio 2.0

issuing a get_property switch_audio

gives

ANS_switch_audio=1

if you then do a switch_audio 0 (to select the russian track) you get back

ID_AUDIO_TRACK=1

if you do a switch_audio 1 (to select the japanese track you get back)

switch_audio 1
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 0.0 kbit/0.00% (ratio: 0->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [ffaac] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio))
AO: [pulse] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
ID_AUDIO_TRACK=2

Again the reported auto track is off by 1

If you do this same things with a DVD file, the ID_AUDIO_TRACK is
reported with the correct value. ID_AUDIO_ID=128 reports
ANS_switch_audio=128 when you ask for that property.

Can the reported audio track values please be adjusted to be consistent
with the values reported when the media is loaded.

I've had to work around this issue in gnome-mplayer, but the work around
causes issues due to the inconsistency of the reported value.

Kevin

- --
Get my public GnuPG key from
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7D0BD5D1