[MPlayer-users] Cinepak encoder not working

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Fri Mar 18 21:49:19 CET 2011

I'm attempting to encode a video using the cinepak codec (iccvid.dll).
As an example I've been working with this file
http://ubuntuone.com/p/iJr/

I converted it to the rgb colourspace in ffmpeg

ffmpeg -i vid.mov -vcodec png -pix_fmt bgr24 outfile.avi

And then tried to run this command in mencoder to convert it to a
video using the cinepak codec

mencoder outfile.avi -vf format=bgr24 -ovc vfw -xvfwopts
codec=iccvid.dll -oac mp3lame -o outfile_2.avi

That code gives me a segfault and the program crashes. As a test I
also substituted rgb24 for bgr24 and still got the same error. Is this
a problem with the program or with my source video?

 I'm using mplayer/mencoder 2:1.0~rc4~try1.dsfg1-1ubuntu1+medibuntu1
on Ubuntu 10.10

Thanks

Ant