[MPlayer-users] WIN32 codecs

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:12:02 CET 2011

W dniu 22.03.2011 16:58, Axel Balaguer pisze:

>> BTW, win32 codecs don't work on 64bit mplayer. There is a separate 64bit
>> codecs package, but the need for external codecs is pretty minimal these
>> days.

>> Kevin

> So you mean that with libavcodec etc... it's not important to configure
> mplayer with this packages ?

> My interest is only to use mencoder in command line on a youtube like
> server.

1 - if you compile 64bit MPlayer then it might use win64 only, and it
have little than no codecs (allmost - 3-5 codecs in package).

2 - with win32 codecs, the only usefull that I could think is
IntelIndeo5 which isn't decodable any other way (for others there are
code within FFMPEG).

3 - win32/64 codecs are used for decoding only...

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.getfirefox.net/