[MPlayer-users] Compile error

Alexander Wehr aewehr at gmail.com
Fri May 27 23:27:52 CEST 2011

Indeed, I checked out the latest SVN, ran ./configure --yasm='', and after configure returned no errors, ran make.
please be aware a new build of gcc is being distributed with the latest macbook pros which is not in general circulation quite yet.
$ gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)

I eventually broke down and built it on my battered old early 2008 revision. The build process seems to go well on the latest public version of xcode.

please note I ran into another issue post build:
the install operation seems to have an issue as well. The last command run by make install (below) produces "file does not exist" errors (on both the new and older system), requiring manual install.
sudo install -m 755 -s mplayer /usr/local/bin

Al.