[MPlayer-users] request: bump libdvdread version

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:54:19 CEST 2011

Hello all.
Ran into a problem today, basically in (my linux distro--a VM so the
whole available on request)

with r34234
$ ./mplayer dvdnav://
some error output
[mpeg1video @ 0x8b263e0]slice mismatch
[mpeg1video @ 0x8b263e0]ac-tex damaged at 14 11
[mpeg1video @ 0x8b269a0]sequence header damaged
[mpeg1video @ 0x8b269a0]sequence header damaged
A:   0.7 V:   0.5 A-V:  0.264 ct:  0.017   1/  1 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
then continues with lots of error looking output.
More verbose output:
http://betterlogic.com/roger/2011/04/windows-7-mplayer-jerky-playback/comment-page-1/#comment-5780

The resultant DVD image "is garbled."

This bug is a bit hard to reproduce, as it occurred (with this
particular DVD) on linux but not windows (oddly--possibly the VM's
fault?)
I have seen it on windows every so often, as well, so it's not just
Linux I don't think. [1]

The problem seemed to go away when I deleted the internal libdvdread4
folder, and replaced it with (a built version of ) 4.2.0 from
http://dvdnav.mplayerhq.hu/releases

So my request would be to bump the libdvdread (and libdvdnav while
you're at it, though that wasn't necessary to fix this).

Thanks!
-roger-

[1] For some reason I was able to work-around it by first playing the
DVD in VLC, then in mplayer, and presto, it would magically work now.
Weird.  Even after clearing all dvd related caches.