[MPlayer-users] request: bump libdvdread version

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 02:03:27 CEST 2011

> The problem seemed to go away when I deleted the internal libdvdread4
> folder, and replaced it with (a built version of ) 4.2.0 from
> http://dvdnav.mplayerhq.hu/releases

Oops, appears that this was "fixing" the problem it because
since I was running configure and make separately on libdvdread, I
thus wasn't passing it the flag
-DHAVE_DVDCSS_DVDCSS_H so it was linking against the "system wide"
installed libdvdcss when it ran, not mplayer's internal libdvdcss.

After updating mplayer's internal libdvdcss, this seems to also fix
the problem, so I suppose I should make a request to update the
internal libdvdcss to match TRUNK, or to make it a subversion external
or the like, not to update libdvdread (which is already a subversion
external, I noticed, so can't be updated even if I wanted it to be--my
bad there).

-roger-