[MPlayer-users] Crash on DivX with two threads and certain options

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sat Sep 17 00:22:27 CEST 2011

Hello,

This happened with a late July build and continues with a build from
source updated about an hour ago. This originated as a crash reported
by smplayer when playing a DivX file but not an h.264 file, but I have
narrowed the issue down to a few settings.

mplayer divx_file.avi -slices -lavdopts threads=2 -vo gl = crash
(segfault)! Output log attached.

mplayer h264_file.mkv -slices -lavdopts threads=2 -vo gl = no crash,
plays, no error messages

mplayer divx_file.avi -slices -lavdopts threads=2 -vo xv = no crash,
plays, although there is a single error message: [VD_FFMPEG] DRI
failure.

mplayer divx_file.avi  -lavdopts threads=2 -vo gl = as above (no
crash, plays, error message)

mplayer divx_file.avi -slices -vo gl = no crash, plays, no error messages

While I have now made smplayer work by disabling slices, this still
seems like a problem in the threaded version?

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik