[MPlayer-users] Help with 32bit mplayer

Deron Kazmaier deron at pagestream.org
Sat Sep 17 20:46:08 CEST 2011

First, thanks for the hints from before. I've managed to compile the
32bit mplayer with the decklink patch.

I'm running 11.04 64bit Ubuntu using a custom build 32bit version of
mplayer so I can play Apple ProRes files. That seems to be ok, but I
need to output to a Blackmagic DeckLink card.

I originally installed the 64bit DeckLink kernel modules using their
source and dkms and even compiled and ran some test applications and
wrote my own pass through code that works.

When I initially tried to use the 32bit mplayer, it complained that
"libDeckLinkAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory" so I installed the 32 bit version of that link library.

But now when i try and play video to the decklink card, mplayer tells me:

[decklink] Could not find a Decklink device

My only guess is that I need a 32bit kernel module? Is that even
possible? How would that work? This is (roughly) the steps I took to
install the 64bit modules:

cp DesktopVideo-8.0.1rc4-x86_64/etc/udev/rules.d/20-blackmagic.rules
/etc/udev/rules.d/
cp
DesktopVideo-8.0.1rc4-x86_64/usr/lib64/blackmagic/BlackmagicPreferencesStartup
/usr/lib64/blackmagic
cp
DesktopVideo-8.0.1rc4-x86_64/usr/lib64/blackmagic/blackmagic-firmware-notify
/usr/lib64/blackmagic
cp DesktopVideo-8.0.1rc4-x86_64/usr/lib64/libDeckLinkAPI.so
/usr/lib64/blackmagic/

added /usr/lib32/blackmagic using ldconfig

cp -R DesktopVideo-8.0.1rc4-x86_64/usr/src/DesktopVideo-8.0.1rc4/ /usr/src
dkms add -m DesktopVideo -v 8.0.1rc4
dkms build -m DesktopVideo -v 8.0.1rc4
dkms install -m DesktopVideo -v 8.0.1rc4
modprobe blackmagic

I know, lots of bits are vague here, but I don't want make this post so
long that someone will not look who might be able to help. I don't mind
learning (I've learned a ton doing this so far) but need at least some
hints that will improve my odds of success. I'm happy to provide
contents of the 20-blackmagic.rules etc if it would help give an answer
or suggestion.

I can _NOT_ use 32bit verison of the OS, or 64 bit version of mplayer
(at least until someone release a 64bit codec for Apple ProRes, sigh...)
so please don't suggest that!

Thanks,

Deron