[MPlayer-users] Green lines creep into b/w video

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sun Sep 18 09:36:36 CEST 2011

>> MPlayer SVN-r31628-4.4.4 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

mplayer has had 2482 updates since then. It is possible that one of the
updates addresses part of the problem.

But it relly sounds to me like it is a damaged video file. Have you done
the rip yourself? I had similar problems once, when a harddisk started
to arbitrarily alter data bits on its own accord...

If there's no chance to get a better file, you could convert the file to
grayscale so the lines would be less obvious. Or, design your own custom
filter which replaces all coloured pixels by an average of surrounding
gray pixels. In general, damaged pictures can usually be filtered to
look like something. Damaged audio would be much more of a problem.

Greets,
Kiste