[MPlayer-users] Transcoding video with mencoder, audio becomes asynchronous

Louis Tim Larsen louis at louis.dk
Sun Sep 18 14:30:00 CEST 2011

I've upgraded to the current development version of Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64.
I use the current version of mencoder available in Ubuntu 11.10 which
is: MEncoder SVN-r33713-4.6.1 / 1.0~rc4.dfsg1+svn33713-1
I try to transcode some video with this command (to change the start time):
mencoder input.avi -o output.avi -ovc lavc -oac copy -force-avi-aspect
16:9 -ss 0:02:00
But the audio of output.avi becomes asynchronous. It's like it's going
faster and faster a little by little and the last part of the clip has
no audio at all.

The same bug is found in Debian testing which uses mencoder
1.0~rc4.dfsg1+svn33713-2.

mencoder1.0~rc4.dfsg1-1ubuntu3 in Ubuntu 11.04 don't have this bug.

Info about the transcoded files and my Ubuntu 11.10-based system can be
found in the attracted file called fileandsysteminfo.txt
The log from mencoder is big (about 2,6M) and can be downloaded from
http://www57.zippyshare.com/d/62916396/1240/mencoder.log

--
Regards Louis