[MPlayer-users] "Freebox" and HD videos encoded with mencoder

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:27:49 CEST 2012

Hello

I have a multimedia server provided by my isp ( Free , i'm French ),
wich has the capability to play movie on my television.

But this player cannot read chinese subtitles. So the current solution i
use is to rencode hard-coded sub movie wich can be used without any
problem on the "freebox" .

Anyway, if it work well with standard movies and dvd, it do not work
with High Res movie. I've tried lot of different video codec for the
reencoding, and some work on mplayer, but non seems to work on the player.

And the original video play just fine, without any problem.

So what is the "standard" way to encode high res movie with mencoder?

Anyway here are the information about the "freebox" :
http://www.freeplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=65255#65255

Mathieu