[MPlayer-users] "Freebox" and HD videos encoded with mencoder

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 12:47:22 CEST 2012

On 17.04.2012 10:27, Mathieu Westphal wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a multimedia server provided by my isp ( Free , i'm French ),
> wich has the capability to play movie on my television.
>
> But this player cannot read chinese subtitles. So the current solution i
> use is to rencode hard-coded sub movie wich can be used without any
> problem on the "freebox" .
>
> Anyway, if it work well with standard movies and dvd, it do not work
> with High Res movie. I've tried lot of different video codec for the
> reencoding, and some work on mplayer, but non seems to work on the player.
>
> And the original video play just fine, without any problem.
>
> So what is the "standard" way to encode high res movie with mencoder?
>
> Anyway here are the information about the "freebox" :
> http://www.freeplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=65255#65255

Make new tread instead hijacking this one (hint: click new post instead
reply).
Your problem requires allot of posting of media infos so it will
completely obscure original thread that you replied to.

As of the site you give it's not informative at all - it seems that this
player don't like PackedBitstream at MPEG4 Part2

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.getfirefox.net/