[MPlayer-users] [MPlayer] cannot detect PCM audio and 6ch DTS on bluray - debian squeeze/crunchbang

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 18 13:50:04 CEST 2012

Zacharias <zacharias <at> uymail.com> writes:

> i have a blu-ray on my HDD wich has 2 pcm audio streams: a 6ch stream and a
> 2ch stream.
> on cli whr i type "mplayer 00000.m2ts" mplayer loads the video and plays it
> smoothly but it doesn't play the audio because it doesn't detect it. no
> stream at all.

Complete, uncut console output missing.
Does ffmpeg -i 00000.m2ts detect audio?
Does mplayer -demuxer lavf work?

> on another blu-ray i have, i type the same command on cli "mplayer
> 00000.m2ts", and it loads both audio and video (no subs though), but report
> only says it's a 2ch DTS audio stream, when in fact its a 6ch DTS stream.

Complete, uncut output missing.
What does ffmpeg -i 00000.m2ts report?
Assuming a hardware receiver reports 6channel but FFmpeg disagrees:
Please provide a sample.

> it also might be useful to say that i compiled both x264 and ffmpeg like in
> the following tutorial from the ffmpeg wiki page:
> https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuide

How is this related to above?
On this list, basically only ./configure && make is supported for MPlayer.

Carl Eugen