[MPlayer-users] Bash vs. sh

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:12:51 CET 2012

On 21.12.2012 21:10, Robin Kluth wrote:
> What does the option -c (:a )? Neither man nor ffmepg -h can tell me that.

First of all - "don't top post".
If your mailer is doing it by default then it's bad... for you, since if
you want to be listened on this list you must manually make it down.
Because you top posted, I've was forced to cut almost all your message
with my reply in it with ffmpeg command.

So back on track:
:~$ ffmpeg -i dumpfile.mp3 -ss 1 -c:a copy goodfile.mp3

'-i dumpfile.mp3'   - input is dumpfile.mp3
'-ss 1'             - seek seconds = 1; omit first 1 second of the file,
counted by frames boundary
'-c:a copy'         - former '-acodec copy', it's new style for parameters
'goodfile.mp3'      - output file

You can find description of '-c:a' as it is short version of '-codec:a':
:~$ man ffmpeg |grep -A16 '\-c\[:stream'

or, man ffmpeg, and then go to line 1411

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.getfirefox.net/