[MPlayer-users] Bash vs. sh

Robin Kluth commi1993 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:23:28 CET 2012

2012/12/21 Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 at gmail.com>

> So back on track:
> :~$ ffmpeg -i dumpfile.mp3 -ss 1 -c:a copy goodfile.mp3
>
> '-i dumpfile.mp3'   - input is dumpfile.mp3
> '-ss 1'             - seek seconds = 1; omit first 1 second of the file,
> counted by frames boundary
> '-c:a copy'         - former '-acodec copy', it's new style for parameters
> 'goodfile.mp3'      - output file
>

> You can find description of '-c:a' as it is short version of '-codec:a':
> :~$ man ffmpeg |grep -A16 '\-c\[:stream'
>
> or, man ffmpeg, and then go to line 1411

Okay, thanks for your hint ;)

-c:a is not recognized on my ffmpeg version: FFmpeg version
SVN-r0.5.9-4:0.5.9-1

So, thanks for the clarification, that -c:a is the same as -acodec copy.

And now, I could really try your hint: mplayer has dumped a file with
80kbit/s @ 32000Hz.

ffmpeg has "converted" it to an 128kbit/s @ 44000 Hz (eyeD3 has detected
both informations). So, all should be fine.

How does ffmpeg know, that this is a 128kbit/s file?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

P.S.: Sorry for the top post, Im answering via GMail.com (Web-UI).

--
Gruß,
R. Kluth