[MPlayer-users] Blu-ray subtitles (forced)

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Wed Feb 1 00:31:06 CET 2012

On 02/01/2012 12:15 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Alexander Roalter<alex<at>  roalter.it>  writes:
>
>>> Please test attached patch.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I don't get any changes with it.
>>
>> I applied the patch at a fresh checkout. Should I add something else?
>
> What did you test?
> Both
> mplayer hanna.m2ts -forcedsubsonly -sid 4610
> mplayer hanna.m2ts -forcedsubsonly -demuxer lavf -sid 2
> work as expected here.
> Or did I misunderstand how it should work?
>
> Carl Eugen

Those work, but playing directly from Blu-ray doesn't.... or better
said, if I change the subtitle (with 'j') while playing, it doesn't work
anymore. If I don't specify sid 4610 at the beginning, it doesn't
either. Usually, the subtitle IDs are shown (on the OSD) to be only from
0 upwards (audio channels are correctly shown with 4352 ....
So perhaps I should look for a different way of specifying the subtitles
from the beginning.

--
Cheers,
Alex