[MPlayer-users] Compilation error on 64 bit machine

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Feb 1 18:21:02 CET 2012

Joan Moreau <jom <at> grosjo.net> writes:

> I deleted the folder and re-downloaded the svn
>
> same cause, same
> effects...

configure line missing and please run make several times and post the complete,
uncut output of the last call to make (please do not post the complete, uncut
output of your first make run).

> Is there a way to make mplayer compile on a 64 bit
> platform, and read the micro$oft movies ?

Sure.
./configure && make && ./mplayer file
should play most real-world files.
If it does not play, please provide complete, uncut console output and / or some
information about the file.

Interlaced VC-1 typically cannot be played - neither with the binary drivers nor
with libavcodec.

Please do not top-post, it is considered rude here, Carl Eugen