[MPlayer-users] "too slow" even with a modern system?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jul 16 09:14:45 CEST 2012

Grant <emailgrant <at> gmail.com> writes:

> OK thanks for your help, would you enable anything else for
> my mplayer build:
>
> media-video/mplayer-1.1-r1  USE="X a52 alsa cdio cpudetection dts dv

[...]

I have no idea what this list is but if you are a user (and
not a distributor), only current svn head is recommended, you
need git (and svn) to build MPlayer, run ./configure and make
sure OpenGL and / or xvideo are enabled plus an audio output
that works on your system (I always use alsa).

Carl Eugen