[MPlayer-users] Two subtitles (different languages) at once in mPlayer

Jonathan Isom jeisom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 22:25:32 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:01 PM, InTheater <intheater at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello mplayer users,
>
> I have make a lot of searches and it seems that no so many would have this
> need, so far I found an old message in this list :
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2007-March/066087.html
> and short of linux script :
> http://www.abclinuxu.cz/blog/Joseho_blog/2007/7/30/188299
>
> but the first do not provide so much solutions, and the second is a linux
> exclusive thing that I hadn't been able to use (not a linux user, just poor
> windows)
>
> is any light for those who would like to see two subtitles at once while
> watching the movie ?
>
> the reason is, different viewers want to see the translations in its
> own language, while both (me and my girlfriend) agree, at least, to see in
> original version, the subtitles thing seems to be an endless discussion ...

Hi
  You may try jubler @ http://jubler.org for this. Basically the
script you linked just merges the subs.  With Jubler you'd load the 2
sets of subs and copy and paste one into the other. I've only just
tried this.  Another option is cygwin and install the necessary
commands from the script and edit it as needed for windows.

HTH

Jonathan