[MPlayer-users] Two subtitles (different languages) at once in mPlayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Jul 30 22:28:43 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:01:52PM +0200, InTheater wrote:
> hello mplayer users,
>
> I have make a lot of searches and it seems that no so many would have this
> need, so far I found an old message in this list :
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2007-March/066087.html
> and short of linux script :
> http://www.abclinuxu.cz/blog/Joseho_blog/2007/7/30/188299
>
> but the first do not provide so much solutions, and the second is a linux
> exclusive thing that I hadn't been able to use (not a linux user, just poor
> windows)

You can install bash on Windows (e.g. as part of Cygwin).
By commenting out the delete_output line near the end and anything that
fails you can even use it to generate a merged ass file, without needing
to have MPlayer working under Cygwin.
Or to do the merged subtitle generation in a Linux VM but then play on
Windows.