[MPlayer-users] uspp filter - colorspace

chronosek chronosek at interia.eu
Thu Mar 8 19:33:08 CET 2012

Hello,

  First i would thanks for uspp filter what is part of mencoder.
I found lack of better colorspace in that filter so i just add in file
vf_uspp.c case IMGFMT_444P and compile.
It is working (i use: mencoder in.avi -o out.avi -nosound -oac copy -vf
format=444P,uspp=6:10,harddup -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=ffv1:pred=2:vstrict=-1:format=444P) but i have question:
- is just adding that colorspace would do better quality filtering?
I asking cause conversion rgb->yv12 is lost of 75% of color information,
and i am not programist i do not know how filter working, so maybe
filter it self degrading colorspace in progress.

Mike

PS. uspp=7 is broken
PS2. i wonder if someone could speed up that so good filter
(i use normally avisynth filters (with rgb24 colorspace) but use
mencoder too - only just for that filter)