[MPlayer-users] Compile still fails with live555...

andrew andrew at andrews-corner.org
Wed Mar 14 06:28:39 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:41:24PM +0000, three18ti wrote:

> Receiving the same error here.
>
> I added this to the compile options in the Makefile, but received the same error
> when attempting to compile mplayer/mencoder.
>
> Moving the live library out of /usr/local/lib allowed mplayer/mencoder to
> compile successfully, however, it completed without live555 support.
>
> Not trying to hijack the thread, just wanted OP to know he is not alone.

I have still not been able to get MPlayer to compile with latest
live555. My own solution was simply to retreat to 2011.12.23 which is
available here:

http://live555sourcecontrol.googlecode.com/files/live.2011.12.23.tar.gz

Compiles fine without modification with both MPlayer and vlc.

Andrew

--
You think that's air you're breathing now?