[MPlayer-users] gnome-terminal window doesn't get focus back when mplayer video window closes

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Thu May 3 08:03:40 CEST 2012

On 03.05.2012 00:17, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 05/02/2012 04:31 PM, Ilja Sekler wrote:

>>> In Ubuntu 12.04, can't replicate using r34540 and gnome-terminal
>>> 3.4.1.
>>
>> Strange, on Ubuntu, I can reproduce this both with r34540 from
>> Ubuntu repositories and with the current svn trunk.
>>
>> gnome-shell 3.4.1-0ubuntu2
>
> I use GNOME Classic (gnome-session-fallback).  Is that a variant of
> GNOME Shell?

No, gnome-session-fallback is metacity + gnome-panel. Thank you very
much for the hint: the issue is indeed tied to gnome-shell + mutter,
instantly proved by 'metacity --replace'.

The remaining question is: are GTK applications like gnome-calculator
doing something special that gnome-shell gives focus back to
gnome-terminal after these applications are terminated? ProjectX (a java
application) exhibits the same issue like MPlayer when launched from
terminal, so this could be a common issue for all non-GTK applications.

Thanks,

--
Regards

Ilja