[MPlayer-users] [Bug] image tearing

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue May 22 09:10:03 CEST 2012

On 22 May 2012, at 03:26, Zongyao Qu <zongyao.qu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am kind of surprised it would happen on OSX, so I
>> might have missed something. Still, I believe I fixed it.
>>

> As far as I could remember,
> this did not happen in March when I updated,
> and I am not sure it is due to ffmpeg or mplayer.
>
> and it is still unknown whether codec related.
>
> If you are familiar with this case in the past.
> Would please share some info about this?
> I would like to help on this case.

If I was unclear: please update again, I committed a fix for such a bug just yesterday.
If that does not fix it, we can investigate further.
And I figured out a possible explanation why it happend, probably due to the additional scale filter needed with corevideo.
This is kind of unrelated, but you might want to compile MPlayer with SDL support and use -vo gl. It can be a lot faster than the default corevideo and I think it works quite nicely nowadays. Though I admit it lacks a few features (and does add some other nice ones, so it depends on your preferences if it's good).