[MPlayer-users] [Bug] image tearing

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Tue May 22 10:03:10 CEST 2012

On 05/22/2012 02:10 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
[snip]
> This is kind of unrelated, but you might want to compile MPlayer with
> SDL support and use -vo gl. It can be a lot faster than the default
> corevideo and I think it works quite nicely nowadays. Though I admit
> it lacks a few features (and does add some other nice ones, so it
> depends on your preferences if it's good).

A "State Of The Mplayer" document stating what vo drivers, options &
filters are well-maintained in 2012, what we should avoid (mencoder,
mga, etc) and how the Developers visualize us using the software.

Should you also mark some features as Deprecated in the man pages?

Sincerely,
Ron

--
"There is usually only a limited amount of damage that can be
done by dull or stupid people. For creating a truly monumental