[MPlayer-users] [Bug] image blinking 2

Zongyao Qu zongyao.qu at gmail.com
Mon May 28 05:57:07 CEST 2012

> No that doesn't make sense. The thing was that the blinking was only
> in the top part of chroma. The reason for that was that the allocated
> buffer was too small to fit all the data the decoder required, so it
> ended up writing "random" luma data into the chroma area.
> This is fixed now. Please continue to report any issues!

Thank you for the quick fix.
I have confirmed, and the blinking problem has fixed.

But I found other issues.
By merging your fix, which it to get a larger image.

I found mplayer crashes by two reasons.
1. the first one is at
   vf_ass.c, 122th line, sometimes vf_get_image returns NULL.
   and the console outputs
   "Ran out of numbered images, expect crash.
    Filter before scale is broken.", which could be found at
    vf.c, 337th line.
   Then mplayer crashes ASAP. Well, because the code refer to NULL pointer.

2. the second one is at vf_ass.c, 286th line.
   assert(vf->priv->dirty_rows[i * 2 + 1] == 1);
   is asserted, sometimes.
   I suspect that it is related with your last fix, but not sure.

> I hope to be able to leave this feature in for the release I intend
> to do soon for real.

I will help as much as I could.