[MPlayer-users] GPL Violation in Medion MD86597 Mediaplayer

Henrik Niehaus henrik.niehaus at gmx.de
Fri Nov 2 14:49:25 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

just wanted to update you on this case. After several mails, in which I
described my concern, they finally updated the SDK on their download
page. The new archive contains the source code of MPlayer, although I'm
not yet sure, if this revision matches the binary distribution. The
complete Android SDK is available under [1].
The code includes decoders for the SV8860 SoC, which might be
interesting for the MPlayer project. I don't know, if you are interested
in such things. It might be to special as well. If you want to, I can
provide you the plain MPlayer code without the Android stuff, since the
download is ~1.2 GiB.

Best regards
Henrik

[1]