[MPlayer-users] GPL Violation in Medion MD86597 Mediaplayer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Nov 6 09:13:46 CET 2012

Henrik Niehaus <henrik.niehaus <at> gmx.de> writes:

> just wanted to update you on this case. After several
> mails, in which I described my concern, they finally
> updated the SDK on their download page. The new
> archive contains the source code of MPlayer

Did you find the sources inside the archive?
I downloaded the link you posted
(md5sum: c59e278cfe459f0b574d5ba68536be2c), and
I was unable to find any MPlayer source code.
(I found the executable, so they are definitely
distributing MPlayer and have to fulfill the
license terms OR they are violating copyright.)

Carl Eugen