[MPlayer-users] How can I draw subtitles at very bottom of screen (without border)?

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 7 18:54:01 CET 2012

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 00:08:06 +0800 (CST)
funicorn at gmail.com wrote:

> It's not merely a 'black bar'. It's a another layer draw by mplayer.
> You can't crop it. If you get direct rendering, you can use opengl
> video output in which case subtitle shows up at the very  bottom with
> prettier looks. At 2012-11-06 20:35:48,"None None" <s-trace at list.ru>

This has nothing to do with direct rendering. If he wants subtitles to
use the whole screen area of the window rather than just the video
area, he can use -ass-use-margins with vo_gl and vo_vdpau. This won't
work if the ass video filter is inserted, although vf_ass has some
support to create and render into black bars too.