[MPlayer-users] How can I draw subtitles at very bottom of screen (without border)?

None None s-trace at list.ru
Wed Nov 7 23:10:58 CET 2012

Thank You for reply.
I'm not using ass, and play videos using -noass option. Tried -vo gl and -ass-use-margins but no luck, mplayer still draw subtitles 22 pixels above bottom line of the video frame, just like without such options.
But now (I'm now tried with 720p .mp4 (h264/aac) video, tests before was with 720x400 xvid/mp3 .avi videos) I can use -vf expand=:-22::0:1,crop=:720::0 filters and get desired results. Using same -vf line with old videos give me no OSD at all. Why? -vo and other output settings was not changed between attempts. Here logs for old and new videos:
http://bpaste.net/show/56514/ - old video, troubles.
http://bpaste.net/show/56512/ - new video, flawless.
funicorn, what did You mean saying "than just the video area"? I want to make subtitles use whole video frame, but mplayer force bottom line of subtitles to be 22 pixels above bottom of the frame, gving me such:
first line of video
video
video
subtitle over video
video
last line of video
But I want this:
first line of video
video
video
video
subtitle over video
last line of video
NO black borders, NO video image borders. Just see pictures I sent in first mail.
Thank You!

Wed, 7 Nov 2012 18:54:01 +0100 от wm4 <nfxjfg at googlemail.com>:

>On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 00:08:06 +0800 (CST)
>funicorn at gmail.com wrote:
>

> It's not merely a 'black bar'. It's a another layer draw by mplayer.
>
> You can't crop it. If you get direct rendering, you can use opengl
>
> video output in which case subtitle shows up at the very  bottom with
>
> prettier looks. At 2012-11-06 20:35:48,"None None" <s-trace at list.ru>

This has nothing to do with direct rendering. If he wants subtitles to

use the whole screen area of the window rather than just the video

area, he can use -ass-use-margins with vo_gl and vo_vdpau. This won't

work if the ass video filter is inserted, although vf_ass has some

support to create and render into black bars too.