[MPlayer-users] free(): invalid pointer

Giorgio Vazzana mywing81 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:54:41 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm experiencing consistent crashes when a firefox plugin (raismth)
calls MPlayer with a command line like this:

/usr/local/bin/mplayer -stop-xscreensaver -nokeepaspect
-noconsolecontrols -aspect 16:9 -cache 512 -cache-min 50
mms://livestream.rai.it.edgestreams.net/reflector:64084?auth=daEa7bdaIcSc.aAb4cea.c7aldTaqcXcTa6-bqO5Q9-c0-JkuuvGr&aifp=V001

this happens both on Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04, mostly when I get slow
network speed (and the message "Cache empty, consider increasing
-cache and/or -cache-min. [performance issue]") and subsequently press
'Space' to pause the video.
Unfortunately these stream urls are constructed by the raismth plugin
and only work if you are in Italy, so I'm not sure what you can do to
reproduce this, but I'm posting logs anyway hoping someone can figure
out what's going on.

Regards,
Giorgio Vazzana