[MPlayer-users] how to play AAC stream from media server

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Nov 19 22:14:12 CET 2012

On 19 Nov 2012, at 08:32, "jintonglei" <jintonglei at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012-11-14, 19:17:10, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>>> My mplayer works on embedded system, and the version is 1.0rc2-4.1.2.
>>
>> This looks old.
> Yew, it's old.
> As no newer ported version for our embedded mips SOC, we still use it.
> Any idea?

Try to get it working on your desktop system, using the latest MPlayer version?
If you try to start with a configuration that is problematic in all respects (outdated, unusual architecture, possibly custom code etc.) you'll only waste loads of time.
Apart from that, you'd need to provide details on the setup.
Playing an AAC file over SMB or http or so should not be any problem for example.