[MPlayer-users] mplayer udp sync -- several instances on one machine

Tomasz Borsukiewicz tomasz.borsukiewicz at trias.pl
Sat Nov 24 14:59:27 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm working on similar project. I have to synchronize 9 movie fragments on
single machine.

Because of nature of UDP protocol, there can be only one mplayer instance
per UDP port.

You should set each slave instance to different port.

In my configuration, I set master to port 65000 and 8 slave instances to
ports 65001-65008.

Then I used samplicate (http://code.google.com/p/samplicator/) to receive
incoming  traffic on port 65000
and to redistribute/clone it to ports 65001-65008. Working like a charm.

I f you need samplicate running under Windows, compile it using Cygwin
environment.

Regards,

Tom