[MPlayer-users] mplayer -sb and -endpos with -dumpstream

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Thu Apr 4 20:43:24 CEST 2013

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:

> Thanks Reimar for Your quick  answer. I tried:
>
> dd if=test.ts of=test_cut.ts skip=371957248c count=473511464c bs=1

Working in bytes doesn't really make sense with transport streams.
They consist of packets that are 188 bytes so you should use bs=188. If
you don't you may even confuse some players (not mplayer).

> but it is extremely slow with bs=1, but without bs=1 it says it cannot seek to the specified position.
> Is there a better way to do this?

The seek and count values are in blocks so depending on what bs= you use
you have to divide by this. Default is IIRC 512 bytes.

It may still be nicer to use other software if you can as streams
contain flags which indicate random access points and cutting to these
is preferable.