[MPlayer-users] mplayer -sb and -endpos with -dumpstream

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Thu Apr 4 21:05:42 CEST 2013

Ilja Sekler wrote:

>> But did you tried 'Project X' or 'tsMuxeR' ('tsMuxerGUI')?
>
> Avidemux 2.6 works perfectly for this purpose. To record the stream, use
>
> tzap -a N -r <channel_name>
>
> for tuning and 'dd' to write the transport stream from
> /dev/dvb/adapterN/dvr0 to a file. Then open the file in Avidemux.

You can get tzap to record to file with -o fname

If you ever want to play the stream on an overly pedantic player like
vlc you would also need -p to record that pat and pmt. IIRC you still
only get the single video and audio specified in the tuning file even if
the pat describes more eg. subtitles and audio description.