[MPlayer-users] -vo gl not working

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 22:39:57 CEST 2013

On 04/11/2013 01:24 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 07:48:37AM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
>> I have two versions of mplayer installed
>>
>> MPlayer SVN-r35887-4.7.2
>>
>> MPlayer SVN-r36169-4.7.2
>>
>> Both have been built on the same machine, the problem is that for
>> the older one the -vo gl option works fine, but on the newer one
>> -vo gl crashes. It happens for multiple video formats and is very
>> consistent.
>
> There were no relevant changes in the code really. Were they
> compiled the same way?

Yes, I use the same script that checks the code out and recompiles

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-xvmc

> Can you bisect the exact commit that broke it?

How do I bisect this as ffmpeg is updated with every configure? Or is
this just an mplayer svn break?

> Can you see if the MPlayer window has become visible already when
> it crashes?

Yes it does

>> #0  dri2SetSwapInterval (pdraw=0x0, interval=1) at
>> dri2_glx.c:908 #1  0x00007fffeff25cde in __glXSwapIntervalSGI
>> (interval=1) at glxcmds.c:1702
>
> There is a bug in the MESA code, pdraw should never be 0 here
> and/or that should be handled more gracefully. The other vos work
> because they do not explicitly enable vsync. You can use -vo
> gl:swapinterval=-1 to make it behave that way, too.

This does fix it and it works. The odd part is that I can switch
between the two versions of mplayer and it breaks and one and works in
the other so that leads me to think that it is in the mplayer code.

Kevin

- --
Get my public GnuPG key from
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7D0BD5D1