[MPlayer-users] -vo gl not working

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Apr 13 10:43:51 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 02:39:57PM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> On 04/11/2013 01:24 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > Can you bisect the exact commit that broke it?
>
> How do I bisect this as ffmpeg is updated with every configure? Or is
> this just an mplayer svn break?

You can remove that file that causes it to be updated automatically.
But probably only doing a regression on MPlayer SVN should work.

> >> #0  dri2SetSwapInterval (pdraw=0x0, interval=1) at
> >> dri2_glx.c:908 #1  0x00007fffeff25cde in __glXSwapIntervalSGI
> >> (interval=1) at glxcmds.c:1702
> >
> > There is a bug in the MESA code, pdraw should never be 0 here
> > and/or that should be handled more gracefully. The other vos work
> > because they do not explicitly enable vsync. You can use -vo
> > gl:swapinterval=-1 to make it behave that way, too.
>
> This does fix it and it works. The odd part is that I can switch
> between the two versions of mplayer and it breaks and one and works in
> the other so that leads me to think that it is in the mplayer code.

I agree it sounds like that it is related to some MPlayer change,
though I can't really imagine what.
However I also consider it a MESA bug, it shouldn't be crashing
but instead set some error code and return without doing anything
in the worst case.