[MPlayer-users] Use -ass without fontconfig?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Apr 13 10:30:16 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 03:41:32AM -0400, Josh wrote:
> I think I will just dispense some cheese with the whine. Not like it
> is creating the cache at every launch, must be some people install a
> lot of fonts.

Can't blame you for choosing that option, but I do think it would
be interesting in principle.
Another option would be to change the fontconfig cache stuff to not
scan the system font directory, at the very least when fontconfig
is disabled.
I haven't looked at the fontconfig API but this _might_ be something
trivial to do.