[MPlayer-users] Specify distinct logfile for 2-pass MPEG encodes

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 15:34:12 CEST 2013

I'm using mencoder to do 2-pass mpeg encoding with '-ovc lavc' and the
mpeg4 codec on Linux.  This generates a divx2pass.log file in the directory where the files are located.
I'm trying to encode multiple files at the same time on different CPU cores
and the log files are clobbering each other.  How can I specify which name
I'd like the log file to have?  The mencoder man page says the -passlogfile can
be used to specify the logfile for pass 1.  That works.   But how do I tell ffmpeg to use that
log file in pass 2?  Will the same -passlogfile argument work?

Thanks