[MPlayer-users] First few seconds of movie are skipped when movie loops

Marcin Gałczyński marcin at galczynski.pl
Mon Aug 26 22:01:15 CEST 2013

> It can be any of these.

>> MPlayer SVN-r35234-4.7.2 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team

> This is ancient, from October 2012.
> So most likely it is the bug I fixed since then.
> Though it could be yet another bug.
> Or it could be a broken file that incorrectly does not
> mark the first frame as a key frame.
> Lastly, it is kind of an issue with your command-line.
> Putting the -loop 0 before the file name will avoid it,
> though it might behave a bit less smooth.

At the same time I was exploring the issue and found a solution which
was to change the file format from mp4 to matroska in my ffmpeg tools
settings (not sure if mp4 format goes along libx264 encoder anyhow...).
When I will have some more time I will check with the latest mplayer
version and post issue here if error persists, along with the link to
faulty movie. This seems however like a bug in the loop handling
(re-wind into wrong position?), because when I used left/right arrows to
seek the movie in it's later iterations, I was able to get back to the
skipped over part with no issue.

As for the -loop 0, I need to use it after file name to ensure i get a
"non-gap" playback of the looped movie.

Thanks for the reply.

--
best rgds,