[MPlayer-users] loop option problem using gl2 driver in win 7 64bit

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Feb 25 20:50:31 CET 2013

Huh? MPlayer is at mplayerhq.hu, not some google site.

> I have '-loop 0' in the command line starting mplayer and the video does loop, however, the "-geometry" option is "executed" a second time and shifts the video over by another set of pixels on the monitor that it is playing on.  This only happens on the first loop, it doesn't happen again in subsequent loops.
>
> I've tried putting the loop option at different places on the command line but it doesn't seem to help.  Sample command lines are below.
>
> -quiet -slave -osdlevel 0 -idle -fixed-vo -nocache -noborder -vo gl2 -x 1280 -y 720 -geometry 1000:40 -vf eq2=1 -loop 0 ./media/video.mp4
>
> -quiet -slave -osdlevel 0 -idle -fixed-vo -nocache -noborder -loop 0 -vo gl2 -x 1280 -y 720 -geometry 1000:40 -vf eq2=1 ./media/video.mp4

I am not completely convinced yet, but I think this behaviour is as intended and you are misunderstanding what -geometry does.
-geometry is relative to the specified monitor.
Since you did not specify the monitor explicitly via -xineramascreen, it is relative to the "current monitor", which in turn changes between the first and second playback.
The short summary is
1) use -xineramascreen to specify a different monitor
2) get an official, up-to-date version of MPlayer, which leads to
3) do not use gl2, use gl. gl2 is outdated and for that reason was actually renamed to gl_tiled.
4) there should be no reason to use the eq2 filter, gl/gl2 should be able to handle all it does while being much faster
5) to loop a single file, putting -loop 0 after the file name works better in some aspects. In particular it would also avoid your issue.
6) using both -geometry and -x -y is strange, -geometry 1280x720+1000+40 I think is the right syntax to do it in one. However the values look suspicious to me, are you just trying to get fullscreen? -fs works better for that, though you really need to use -xineramascreen then.