[MPlayer-users] Building MPlayer and XMMS

Elio Blanca eblanca76 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 3 18:21:56 CET 2013

Il 03/03/2013 17:35, Krzysztof Duchnowski ha scritto:
> On 03.03.2013 17:15, Elio Blanca wrote:
>
>> The whole thing is actually a huge work, and I expected this.
>> Well, xmms-1.2.11 (the "latest") needs gtk+, glib, atk, cairo (maybe), libpng and others.
>> gtk+ (1.x, of course) needs glib
>> glib doesn't want to build on a recent system.
>
> pbuilder with older Ubuntu version in chroot?

Forgot to mention, I'm doing this in a virtual ubuntu system into vmware.
The point is, I virtualized a recent ubuntu (12.04 precise).
You're right! An older ubuntu version!
Maybe a seasoned ubuntu release will do the trick.
Thank you very much Krzysztof, I'm going to try with a dapper (6.06) image.